In this post, I am going to share How to drop or delete a field or column in table of PostgreSQL PGAdmin III. Most of time we have to delete a column from the table for any new update or modification in a application depending upon our requirements.
Look into the steps below for achieving How to drop or delete a field or column in table of PostgreSQL PGAdmin III:
- First select the table where we have to delete column.
- While selecting the table click on top most Execute arbitrary SQL queries.
- A new pop-up window will open where we can write the SQL queries.
ALTER TABLE t13_quickmarketsampledata DROP COLUMN percentage;
- Here “t13_quickmarketsampledata” means table name and “percentage” means column name.
- After executing the SQL queries a column will delete.
For more clear clarification please go through the snapshot below :